Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quarter-Finals Round 3 REVIEWS

1. FootworKINGz
They ARE probably the best group technically, and they can really dance and even do some flips. They are really great, really talented, and it was a really good performance on their part.

2. Marcus Terrell and the Serenades
Not a great song choice in my opinion, and I think Marcus's voice was a little "eh" today. The serenades were great, but it just didn't sound that good when he went really high into falsetto.

3. Pixie Mystere
These girls were really great tonight. They had the perfect mix of dancing, 'cortionism', and gymanstics. For kids they were perfectly together, and I just thought it was a really great act.

4. Jay Mattioli
Wow, I was REALL dissapointed by him today. After his first audition I was absolutely blown away, and I was even more blown away by the fact that he didn't make it into the top 40. When I found out he was a wild card act I was so happy, but tonight he really blew it. He didn't do anything big & grand, and stuck to small little tricks that everyone has seen before.

5. Bri
She has a pretty good voice, but there's just something about it that doesn't make it as smooth as some of the other voices on the show. It was good, but not great.

6. U4RIA
They were pretty good tonight, and I really liked the story behind it. The dancing was pretty good but I wish they had done more of it.

7. Dave Johnson
He can't sing and he's not funny.

8. Hairo Torres
His act is really cool but I like the contortionist stuff he did in his first audition better. He is very talented and very unique.

9. G-Force
They can't really sing, and therefore are not getting through, but that little girl is a really good drummer.

10. Jeffery Ou
It REALLY stinks that the microphone didn't work for most of his performance, but we all know he is a good piano player. I wish he would have gone more crazy like the Hoff said, but he is still pretty talented.

11. Mario & Jenny
It was very big and grand, but I wasn't that impressed. All they did was light a few guitars and a giant cube on fire. Sorry, but I've seen way cooler things than that.

12. Lawrence Beamen
He has a great voice, and although very low, it's really nice. I think Neal E. Boyd was better, but this guy has potential.

I'm still not overly impressed by any of these acts, but here are my top 5:
-FootworKINGz
-Pixie Mystere
-Hairo Torres
-Lawrence Beaman
-U4RIA

No comments:

Post a Comment