Wednesday, July 21, 2010

(5) Quarter-Finals Round 2 REVIEWS

A good night for dance groups, but not so great when it comes to the other acts.

Cheer SF
I actually liked them a lot. I've never seen a cheer group do all that stuff before. I thought it was really, really cool and I was surprised they got buzzed.

Alice Tan Ridley
I guess she's a good singer, but her voice is a little too raspy for me. She's fine but I don't really want to see another singer win the competition.

Mona Sampath Dance Company
I thought they were fantastic! Really fun and really unique. I like their fusion and variety of dance moves.

Iron Horse
This act was pretty pathetic in my opinion. It was not very interesting and that guy is not a very good singer. The trick was cool but it just wasn't worthy of the quality of talent that is on this show.

The Strong Man
Sure, it's cool that he's strong, but this act was just plain boring to watch. It was too slow and Piers is right in saying that he's not enough of a showman.

Ronith
He's pathetic. I can't believe they ever let him through from the first round. His impressions aren't good and although that may be funny, he's certainly not 'talented' and it isn't right for Vegas.

Hannibal Means
I generally really like Hannibal as a singer, but I don't think this song really did him justice. He should have done something more operatic.

Wreckless
I thought they were great tonight. I really liked the dancing and the little storyline.



Lil Chris

He's simply too young for the competition. Give him 5 or 6 years and he'll be a great singer.

AscenDance
I was really impressed by this act. It was really cool to watch and, like Sharon said, I think it would look great in Vegas with a huge wall and 10-15 people all doing it.

Antonio Restivo
I like that he's fire AND magic, but he needs to do more impressive magic tricks than just making people disappear/appear.

Michael Grimm
He's definitely the most talented male singer in the competition, but overall I wouldn't say he's that great. But I know America's going to put at least one male singer through to the finale, so at least let it be him.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the four acts I think deserve a spot in the next round:

-Cheer SF
-Wreckless
-Mona Sampath Dance Company
-AscenDance
------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment