Tuesday, July 27, 2010

(5) Quarter-Finals Round 3 REVIEWS

By far the best quarter-finals round yet!

The South Philly Vikings
Their costumes are great, but I'm not sure they're really the best dance group on the show. I think if they made it into more of a story it might be better, but I just can't see them moving forward, especially compared to the talent of everyone else tonight.

CJ Dippa
Does he have personality or what!?! He's certainly very cute and has a great showman's personality. I also like that he writes his own raps and creates the beats (or so he says). I really wish I could understand what he was saying, because I honestly cannot see anyone sitting through him doing that for more than a couple minutes, simply because you can't understand him.

Harmonic Pierre
He's no doubt a very talented harmonic player, but I just don't think it's WOW Factor enough for this show. I liked his choice of song this week, and I think that the only way he would ever continue in this show is if he did more modern music like that.

Polina Volchek
I thought her previous performances were a lot better, and I was, like Piers, somewhat dissapointed with her peformance tonight. However, because she is so fluid and talented, I think that we should forget this performance and really base the decision on what she has shown us. I don't think this performance was terrible; she was very fluid and graceful.

The Strange Familiar
I agree with Sharon that this was just not the right song choice for them. She is a very talented singer, but I don't think this song showcased it. However, even with the right song, I don't think they could really be any more than just a band who sings other people's music. I'm sure there are thousands of bands across the country that could do what they do.

Haspop
This was one of my favorite performances of the night! This was very WOW Factor and was really, really fun and cool to watch. His dance moves are so unique and fluid. Before this performance I was comparing him to Hairo Torres from last season, but this performance far outdid Hairo in my opinion. I really hope America votes him through.

Luigi
I think that Luigi really has potential, but I just don't think this was his best performance. At the beginning I thought that he was really good and then it started to falter a little. I think he needs a bit more experience and practice before he does something like this again.

Chipps Cooney
Wow: that was pathetic. OK, maybe his "bad magician" character was a bit funny, but this performance completely blew his chances at anything. Plus, he even admitted he ran out of illusions to "be bad at" which shows he's completely talentless.

Kaya & Sadie
Not only are these girls extremely attractive, but they can really belly dance. I was a little worried when they did that ribbon dancing at the beginning, but once they bent over and started the belly dancing I was really amazed. They are truly talented and I thought the whole set and costumes really worked for them.

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
I liked all of his acts before, but this was by far the best. It was very intense to watch him do that jumping while blindfolded, and I think that really made his performance better. It really is extreme and scary to watch, which makes it all the more exciting when he makes it!

Debora Romer
I don't know if it's just me, or the way it came through the TV, or what, but I really didn't think Debora was that good of a singer. It sounded like she was off key a lot and really high pitched and some points. I really just did not like her.

Studio One Young Beast Society
What a great way to end the show! They were fantastic! Not only can they dance very well technically, but they can do really cool tricks as well. Most dance groups are only good at one or the other, but this group really did them both very well and blended them very well too. I have been waiting FOREVER for a dance group to go far in the competition and I really think that this group has the potential to be that one.

-----------------------------------------------------
My top 4 favorite acts:
-Haspop
-Kaya & Sadie
-Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
-Studio One Young Beast Society
-----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment