Monday, September 17, 2012

(7) Season 7 Reflection

Every year I sort of hope that each season will be better than the one before it. Although there is perhaps a slight trend in that direction, I cannot say that Season 7 was significantly better than Season 6. There were some really, really great acts, but there were also some not so good ones. The Semi-Finals were great if not one of the best yet, but I was actually pretty disappointed with a lot of the Quarter-Finals acts. The YouTube show, in particular, was absolutely abysmal this year with Academy of Villains being the only good thing to come of it.

Some of My Favorite Acts:
Edon
The Scott Brothers
David Garibaldi and His CMYK's
Tom Cotter
Lightwire Theater
Joe Castillo
Sebastian "El Charro de Oro"
Eric Dittelman
Olate Dogs
Academy of Villains

Some of My Least Favorite Acts:
Michael Nejad
The All Ways
Big Barry
All Beef Patty
Ulysses
Melinda Hill
Romeo Dance Cheetah

Overall, a pretty good season. I probably would have preferred Tom Cotter to win over Olate Dogs, but either way, I'm thrillex that someone other than a singer won this year. In fact, I don't think there were any really good singers this year. However, there were not a ton of dance groups either, I think this year really had a lot of variety like the comedians, Lightwire, David Graribaldi, Joe Castillo, Eric Dittelman, William Close. I've been watching America's Got Talent ever since season 1, and I must say that the quality and variety of acts really does tend to get better over time. There are tons of completely unique and original acts out there, and AGT is the perfect stage for them. See you next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment