Wednesday, September 5, 2012

(7) Semi-Finals Round 2 REVIEW

All That!
They were good tap dancers as always, but I still don't think it's good enough compared to the other acts. I didn't see any 'big trick' but I guess the fire and water was a good touch. They are definitely talented but I don't know if it goes much farther than that.



Sebastian "El Charro de Oro"
His voice sounded great in that song, but I'm not sure if he did anything really outstanding. He is a great kid and is very talented. I would say he had a chance but since he didn't get through his original quarter-final round, I'm not sure what's going to happen.
The Magic of Puck
I thought that trick was pretty good. I've never seen anything quite like it before. I've definitely seen better magicians before, but I thought the act was pretty good.
Clint Carvalho
That was nice and all, but it was nothing that impressive. I've seen birds do more impressive things.
Jacob Williams
That was pretty bad. I'm definitely disappointed because I liked his last performance a lot but this was not as good. I really didn't find any of it funny at all.
Shanice and Maurice Hayes
I still don't think they're that great. I guess they're good singers but they're not as spectacular as they need to be in order to make it to the finals.
All Wheel Sports
I didn't think it was anything spectacular. I think there's too much going on at once, and some of the tricks tend to get lost. I actually found it somewhat boring.
Tim Hockenberry
He's got a nice quality to his voice, but I don't think he's good enough. His voice isn't particularly unique or anything.
The Untouchables
It's so strange to see that kind of dancing from kids that age. They do a lot of cool things on stage, and I think they are a really unique dance act.




Olate Dogs
What these dogs do is truly unique, but it bothers me that they keep repeating tricks. If they're going to have a Vegas show they need to have a wider range of tricks. That being said, it's still great to watch them every time.
Lightwire Theater
That was actually pretty cool with the slow motion and that thing with the egg. I'm not sure if they're better than Team iLuminate, but it's definitely pretty cool and I really like what they do. It must be really hard to coordinate all that movement with all those different parts and people.
David Garibaldi and His CMYK's
He's been one of my favorite acts since the quarter-finals, but I was slightly disappointed by this performance. I found it a little boring, and I think he needed things to be more coordinated.




My Ranking:

1. Lightwire Theater
2. Olate Dogs
3. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's

4. The Untouchables
5. Sebastian "El Charro de Oro"
6. The Magic of Puck
7. Tim Hockenberry
8. All That!
9. All Wheel Sports
10. Shanice and Maurice Hayes
11. Clint Carvalho
12. Jacob Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment