Wednesday, September 14, 2011

(6) Finals REVIEW

Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr.
That was an excellent choice of song to showcase his voice. It appeals to a certain age group, but is also recognizable by everyone. This was definitely one of his best performances, and I think he is definitely one of the better singers to make it through to the end. Although I don't want a singer to win, I can't say I would be too upset if he won it all.
Team iLuminate
I really like how they added more people to the stage this time. It really added a whole new level to the performance. This is truly one of the most unique acts I've seen on this show in six seasons. They have the ability to do so much with their own show in Vegas, and they really have come a long way since their first audition.
Poplyfe
I don't know, I didn't really like them that much tonight. I thought there quarter-final performance was their best, and it has gone downhill since then. Her singing wasn't perfect tonight, and I didn't like it at all when the band members sang in the background. They are a good group, but honestly they don't deserve to be in the finals.
Silhouettes
That was a very nice performance, but I sort of wish they had done something different than their previous performances. They had a story, spelled a word, and made picture/shapes just like they did in all their other performances. That being said, they still have a great concept and are a wonderful and creative act.



My Ranking
1. Team iLuminate
2. Silhouettes
3. Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr.
4. Poplyfe

My Thoughts
This was by far the best finals group ever. Every single one of these acts is very unique. Poplyfe is a band, yet they are full of energy and creativity. Landou is one of the best singers I think AGT has ever had. Then there are the Silhouettes and Team iLuminate. From their first performance, I knew that both would make it till the very end. They are both EXTREMELY unique and creative acts and deserve to win the whole thing. It is really a shame that they had to be in the same season. That being said, my pick for winner goes to Team iLuminate for a few reasons. Firstly, I think they appeal to a wider audience. Secondly, Team iLuminate has showed me new things every week. Silhouettes on the other hand have repeated many of the things that make their act cool (spelling words, making shapes, etc.). While they are both FANTASTIC acts, I would pick Team iLuminate to take the title. That being said, I would be fairly  happy with any of the acts winning it. I would actually be shocked if Poplyfe won, and then it comes down to the other three. America loves its singers, so Landou is obviously a favorite. I'm really hoping that America can see past this and realize that Silhouettes and Team iLuminate are more creative and unique and deserve to win it more than Landou, though I wouldn't be too upset with him winning. I would be thrilled to see Silhouettes or Team iLuminate win, but if I had to pick I would go with Team iLuminate.

No comments:

Post a Comment