Tuesday, August 21, 2012

(7) Quarter-Finals Round 6 [Wild Card] REVIEW

Spencer Horsman
That was extremely intense, particularly the part at the end. That was probably the most intense performance he has given yet. I am surprised by how many different things he can come up with for each week. I am not completely enthralled with it but I definitely like his act.
All That!
I was actually somewhat disappointed with that performance. I liked their last performance better. This seemed a little too slow-paced. I agree that they are very talented, but I'm not sure they really measure up to some of the other acts on the show.
Jarrett and Raja
It was good, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen something go inside a box, have the box rise above the stage, have it explode, and then have the thing from the box appear somewhere else. Not completely spectacular or original, but still good I guess.
Jake Wesley Rogers
I really like his voice, but I don't think this song was really a good choice for him. I think it was too pop-y and upbeat. I think his personality fits more of a slower or rock-type song. It was a good performance, but it's nothing special.
Cristin Sandu
It sucks that he fell again, but I definitely give him credit for being able to do even half of what he does. However, I think that even if he  had been successful, it's still somewhat of a limited act.
Todd Oliver
I thought that was actually pretty good; I actually laughed out loud during a good portion of that performance. I liked his choice of topic and I think he made really good decisions for this performance. His material was all good and I think he has a great and unique idea.
Bandbaz Brothers
That was extremely impressive. I was surprised when they got eliminated in the first place without even getting a chance to perform in Vegas. I was hoping they would do a couple of other tricks as well, but I guess you really have to understand how difficult that one stunt really is.


Sebastian "El Charro de Oro"
He has a fantastic voice, but I don't really like the fact that he did an English song. I like his voice better when he sings mariachi. This song definitely showed some of the weaknesses in his voice. He's a great kid with a great voice, but I liked his previous performance better. That being said, he was still great.
Horse
I liked his final stunt and the thing with the tennis balls, but most of the other stunts weren't that great. I will admit that I am impressed by his tolerance for the pain, but I still don't think he deserves to move on against the other acts here.
Lindsey Norton
I really liked her last performance, but for some reason I wasn't as impressed with this one as I was with the last one. I did see a few new tricks, but I don't really see how she can step it up if she were to be voted through.
Andrew De Leon
His voice is good, but I don't think it's great. I also don't think he has that great of a stage presence. I just don't think he compares to some of the other operatic acts that have performed in previous seasons. I get the sense that most people are going to disagree with me on this one, and he's probably going to go very far in the competition, but I honestly don't like him that much.
Ben Blaque
What doesn't impress me is the fact that all the arrows were pre-set to aim at the right point, but what does impress me is the fact that he did that blindfolded. That must be pretty difficult.




My Ranking:

1. Todd Oliver
2. Bandbaz Brothers
3. Spencer Horsman
4. Sebastian "El Charro de Oro"

5. Lindsey Norton
6. Ben Blaque
7. Jarrett and Raja
8. Jake Wesley Rogers
9. Andrew De Leon
10. All That!
11. Horse
12. Cristin Sandu

No comments:

Post a Comment