Tuesday, August 28, 2012

(7) Semi-Finals Round 1 REVIEW

Andrew De Leon
I think he was way better than his quarter-final performance, but he's still not that great of a singer. I don't really care if he has an inspiring story. I don't think he deserves to move any further.
Todd Oliver
I liked the material, but I think I actually liked it better last week. That being said, I really like his act and the fact that he does comedy and ventriloquism together in a completely original way. If there were 5 acts going through like last season I would say he for sure had a shot, but I can't be so sure at this point without seeing everyone else.

Donovan and Rebecca
I thought it was good, but I think I liked their previous performances better. In all honesty, they just didn't WOW me tonight. I think they're the best acrobatic/strength act that AGT has ever had, but I was hoping for something more from them this time.
Edon
He's a great kid with a great voice, and I definitely agree that he's one of the better singers in the competition right now. Normally I would not want another singer to win, but I really like this kid. That being said, if he doesn't win this, he will certainly do well after all this exposure.
The Scott Brothers
They are so amazing to watch! I liked their last performance better, but I would definitely see their show in Vegas. I do agree with Howie, though, that there was no one move that really stood out.
Dittelman
I am always amazed by what this guy does, and I really don't understand how it works. I've read a few theories, but he changes the way in which he does the mind-reading each time, and it just becomes unexplainable. Great performance.
Turf
That was definitely his best performance yet, and I didn't get bored with this one. However, I agree with Howard and think that it has the tendency to get somewhat repetitive. I think people tend to fall for his sob story and therefore he gets way more votes than he deserves. Hard truth.
Bria Kelly
She's got a great voice, but I felt like she was lacking the emotional aspect of the performance. I just don't think she stands out enough among the other acts tonight.
Joe Castillo
I absolutely love what he does, but I think he should have done something bigger and grander to make it more of a spectacle. That being said, I still think he was is one of the more original acts on the show.
William Close
I still don't get the appeal of his act. I guess it's cool but all I heard was the harp and a couple of off-key singers. The dancers were not that great and I didn't hear any of the other instruments. Not worthy of all that praise in my opinion.
Tom Cotter
This guy is really, really funny. Every time he comes on the show he gives a really great, funny performance. Not only that but he must have a ton of material in order to let someone else pick the material.
Academy of Villains
Definitely one of the best dance acts that this show has ever had. They are exceptionally talented and unique. They are perfectly together and have very creative moves that I've never seen before.




1. I am extremely upset that they are only putting 3 acts through this season and skipping the Top 10 round.
2. Definitely the hardest pick of the season so far and probably one of the hardest in the entire show's history! Really great talent tonight.

My Ranking:

1. Tom Cotter
2. Dittelman
3. Academy of Villains

4. The Scott Brothers
5. Joe Castillo
6. Todd Oliver
7. Donovan and Rebecca
8. Edon
9. Turf
10. William Close
11. Bria Kelly
12. Andrew De Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment