Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Finals REVIEW

1. Voices of Glory
This was by far their best performance yet. The girl had a great performance tonight. It was a little shaky at first, but the performance just got better and better. It sounded really good when the three of them sang together in harmony. They really sound terrific! I was very surprised by their improvement this week.

2. Hairo Torres
I don't think that his decision to go solo tonight was the greatest idea. I understand he wanted to showcase himself, but I think he could have done that fine in a group. It was really just missing the energy of a Las Vegas show. He is no doubt an amazing contortionist/dancer, but his performance just didn't work tonight.

3. Lawrence Beamen
I think I've finally come to my opinion on Lawrence Beamen: eh. He's really just not that great. Sure, he can sing, but I don't think it's good enough. He's better off singing ballads, and I just think there are way better acts than him in this season's finals.

4. Barbara Padilla
Once again an amazing performance. She has the voice, the looks, the story, and the quality to be a real star. She truly has an amazing voice, and continues to take charge of the stage every performance.

5. Fab Five
They definitely slowed down their speed tonight, andI still haven't decided if it's a good thing or not. They are definitely superb tap dancers, and they certainly have talent. I liked their performance tonight, and thought the choreography was different and unique than their past performances. Still one of my favorite acts.

6. Texas Tenors
I really liked them, but their performance tonight did not go well in my opinion. Separately, their voices are pretty good, but not great, and when they come together they fail to harmonize and end up sounding like three people singing the same song at the same time. It's just not an appealing sound in my opinion, and I just don't think they're good enough for Las Vegas.

7. Drew Stevyns
This was definitely his best performance of the season. He gave a really solid, clean performance and his vocal talent really shined tonight. He didn't really stand out as anyone special to me until tonight. He really has star quality, and I think he could certainly win American Idol, so why can't he win America's Got Talent?

8. Grandma Lee
She's a great lady, but I still don't find her material "laugh out loud" funny. It makes you smile, but not really "laugh". I was surprised to see her come this far, but I can tell America is caught up in her story and her age. She's a great woman, but I don't really think she's that talented.

9. Kevin Skinner
I still don't like him. I've said it all along: Kevin Skinner is no one special. His vocals are not up to par with the rest of the acts, and there's really nothing special about him. OK, he's a chicken catcher achieving his dream of being a performer, but so what? I don't care how raw his talent is if it's no good.

10. Recycled Percussion
I liked their performance tonight, and liked their use of recycled items. They had more of a "melody" to their drumming instead of just constant "bum bum bum bum bum". They are a very Vegas-like Show, and are very talented.

WOW, this was the BEST night of performances all season! After all, it IS the FINALS. I am very pleased with this season's finalists, and I would happy with almost all of them winning the title.
Here is my list of acts from best act (who I think should win) to worst.
(I'd be happy with any act winning besides Lawrence Beamen and Kevin Skinner).

1. Fab Five
2. Barbara Padilla
3. Voices of Glory
4. Hairo Torres
5. Recycled Percussion
6. Drew Stevyns
7. Texas Tenors
8. Grandma Lee
9. Lawrence Beamen
10. Kevin Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment