Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Semi-Finals Round 2 REVIEW


1. Recycled Percussion
I really was not impressed by this act. It was just a bunch of guys running around and banging on drums. It would be way cooler if their act actually focused on making sounds with recycled materials, but it doesn't, and I find it very boring to watch a bunch of guys make a bunch of racket, which is really all it is. Could you listen to that same beat for more than five minutes? I couldn't. 

2. Lawrence Beamen
That was definitely not the right song for him. His voice is much more suited for something lower. I definitely think he needs to forget the vocal "acrobatics" and stick to singing songs suited for a voice as low as his. His voice can be very smooth and rich, but tonight it just wasn't. 

3. Erik and Rickie
They are great dancers, but I think I prefer their classic ballroom dancing more. They had some interesting moves, and I thought it was a fairly well choreographed dance. It didn't WOW me, but it was fairly entertaining. I liked the whole theme. 

4. Jeffery Ou
More like Jeffery "OW- stop hurting my ears". His performance was terrible, and the music didn't match the stage lighting. There were a bunch of fast, flickering strobe lights, and then Jeffery playing a classical song. It just didn't work. Plus, the piano playing didn't sound that great either. 

5.  Hairo Torres
He was very entertaining tonight, and I loved the story. He is a great dancer, and continues to bring something new to the table each time. I loved his performance and thought he did a great job. His body can do amazing things, and I just think he is really unique and talented. 

6. The EriAm Sisters
Agreeing with the judges, I would have to say that their performance was shaky at the beginning, but then really came together well towards the end. They need to work on their blend, and should work on balancing between all three singing at one, and one girl taking the lead vocals. They sure have talent, but the whole song did not showcase it. 

7. Mario and Jenny
Terrible performance in my opinion. They did nothing interesting, and they simply danced and banged a few drums. Their act is not a dance act, it is a danger thrill act, and there was none of that in that performance. OK, glad to see you have variety in your act, but show us that mixed in with the danger and excitement, not altogether on its own. It was boring, stupid, and I would never pay to see it. 

8. Drew Stevyns
His voice is not my favorite of the ones I've seen on this show, but he has star quality. His voice is very raspy, and it only works with certain songs. The performance was fairly good, but I don't think his voice is diverse enough in itself to really sustain a show. 

9. FootworKINGz
They definitely failed tonight. They needed to cut the "fighting" crap, and stick to dance, which is something they're very good at. I thought they really had potential, but they really did not showcase their talent tonight. They gave that same boring, quick-footed step, and they need to dance together in unique ways, like in their last performance. 

10. Barbara Padilla
She has an amazing voice, and is a very talented singer and performer. There is not much more I can say; Barbara Padilla will go far in life.

Not really the greatest performances tonight, but here are my Top 5:
-Hairo Torres
-Barbara Padilla
-EriAm Sisters
-FootworKINGz (to give them a second chance)
-Erik amd Rickie

No comments:

Post a Comment