Wednesday, August 10, 2011

(6) Quarter-Finals Round 5 [YouTube] RESULTS

RESULT #1
Gymkana vs. Powerhouse
MY GUESS: Probably Gymkana. Not only did Howie 'X' Powerhouse them but I just don't think show choirs are for everyone. Could it be both? Maybe, but probably not.
RESULT: Gymkana.
MY THOUGHTS: Gymkana is probably the more skilled of the two, so they deserved to move on. I can't wait to see what they do next!

RESULT #2
Matt Wilhelm vs. TNC Elite vs. Aeon
MY GUESS: Not only did Matt Wilhelm win the most votes from his original video, but everyone seemed to really love his act, so my guess is he will move on.
RESULT: Matt Wilhelm
MY THOUGHTS: No surprise there. He definitely wasn't one of my favorites (I found his act kind of boring), but I can tell America really likes him. Maybe he will do something better for the semi's that will impress me more.

RESULT #3
Kalani Basketball Freestyle vs. Illusionist Brett Daniels vs. Kevin Colis vs. Breena Bell
MY GUESS: Probably Kevin Colis; none of the other acts were that good. Plus, America loves male solo singers, and he is a pretty good one.
RESULT: Kevin Colis.
MY THOUGHTS: He was in my top 4 so I'm happy. He's the only male solo singer of his type in the competition so I think he has a pretty good shot at doing well in the future.

RESULT #4
West Springfield Dance Team vs. Gabe Rocks vs. Beth Ann RobinsonMY GUESS: Gabe Rocks will be eliminated first; it just wasn't that good and I think America knows that.
RESULT: Gabe Rocks
MY THOUGHTS: I'm glad America got that right at least. He just isn't up to par with the other two acts.

          West Springfield Dance Team vs. Beth Ann Robinson
          MY GUESS: They are both great acts, so this is a really tough one to call. 
          If I had to make a guess I would say that they will choose West Springfield
          Dance Team.
          RESULT: Beth Ann Robinson
          MY THOUGHTS: Definitely the hardest choice yet, but I have a feeling the judges
          thought there were too many group dance acts this season. I'm slightly
          disappointed but at least West Springfield gets another chance next week.
       

TOP 4:
Gymkana (my #3)
Matt Wilhelm (my #8)
Kevin Colis (my #4)
Beth Ann Robinson (my #2)

MY PICKS VS. AMERICA'S
3/4 : Pretty good! I've been doing pretty well this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment