Tuesday, August 30, 2011

(6) Semi-Finals Round 2 REVIEW

The Kinetic King
Well that was definitely his best performance yet. I liked how it was fast and had a lot of stuff going on. I have some concern with him doing something like this nightly in Vegas or even on tour. It's interesting to watch, but I'm not sure how great it really is compared to some of the other stuff.
Fatally Unique
I thought it was good, but I liked their last performance much better. This one wasn't as synchronized or tight as the last one. The whole creepy thing seemed like it was trying to be like WSDT, but I thought WSDT was better.
Landon Swank
I guess it was cool, but I feel like it would be really easy for him to somehow move his way into the box that the judges didn't pick. I was hoping for more of a magical illusion rather than something involving danger. It was good, but not great.
Gymkana
It was cool, but it got kinda boring. They just did the same flips over and over again. It was cool, but just repetitive. It sucks that they messed up, but stuff happens. That probably means there not going through though.
Summerwind Skippers
It was very good, but I thought there last few performances were better. I tend to like the group jumping better, but they did a lot of single jumping this time. The mistakes are somewhat of an issue, because a headlining act in Vegas has to be pretty much perfect.
Snap Boogie
He is definitely a very talented dancer/stuntman. I agree that the second part was better with the faster dancing. I didn't think it was great, but it wasn't as bad as Piers said.
Anna Graceman
I oddly find myself rooting for her, even though I tend not to like the singers. I just don't think there are any other really good singers this year, so I would be happy with her doing well. She has a great voice, and it's even more amazing that she's so young.
Steven Retchless
I didn't really care for the backup dancers because when they did the tricks on the poles it kind of makes what he does seem less unique. It was good, especially the stairs trick, but I preferred his last performance better.
Smage Bros. Riding Show
I actually thought that was a pretty good performance, considering I didn't really like them last time. I don't think they were incredible or anything, but definitely very good.
Professor Splash
I don't think this dive was that cool. The pool was deeper and the fire didn't really add anything. He deserves credit, but I don't think it's worth a million dollars.
Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr.
I can't deny that he is a very good singer. He comes from the streets and has an amazing voice. I'm just not sure that a singer can win this year. He is very good, but a lot of other acts are better
Silhouettes
It was very cool, but I liked both of their previous routines much better. I was expecting a lot more from them, but I think they really deserve recognition for doing something so unique.










My Ranking:
(from best act to worst)

1. Anna Graceman
2. Silhouettes
3. Smage Bros. Riding Shows
4. Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr.
5. Fatally Unique


6. Summerwind Skippers
7. Landon Swank
8. The Kinetic King
9. Gymkana
10. Snap Boogie
11. Steven Retchless
12. Professor Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment