Wednesday, July 11, 2012

(7) Quarter-Finals Round 2 REVIEW

LionDanceMe
What they do is definitely pretty cool, but I honestly find it kind of boring. I'm not sure how long I could watch them. All they do is jump along the little poles. I understand the skill involved but I think it's just too boring of an act.


Turf
I think what he does is great and very cool, but I'm not sure it's something that fits well on the stage. I think it's great for the streets, but I don't think it's really something for the stage.



The All Ways
I'll admit that I don't usually like bands very much anyways, but that was honestly terrible. The vocalist did not sound good, and it was not a particularly unique or cool rendition of the song. I saw no hope for them in the first place but after this performance I really can't see them getting very far.

Hawley Magic
Wow. I've seen somewhat similar things before, but never quite like that with the spinning. It was a great illusion, especially since I don't remember them being that spectacular in the previous rounds. If they're only going to get better from that, then I'm definitely looking forward to what they do next.


Lisa Clark Dancing
I thought they were pretty good. It's definitely not the contemporary dance moves / stunts that we're used to on the show, but I still thought it was decent. Their moves are very tight and they have a unique style of dancing, but I agree with Sharon that it's too 'cute' and not 'edgy' enough. They should have done something more modern.

Aurora Light Painters
I think their concept is great and very original. The problem I see is that it's not flashy or edgy enough for this kind of show. I think it's a great idea, but when you set aside the fact that they're using light, it becomes something very basic and uninteresting. I think it's really just too small scale at this point. They need more people to be a part of the 'story' instead of just that one woman. I don't think it was terrible, but it definitely isn't ready for Vegas.

Danielle Stallings
She has a great voice, and I give her credit for having that voice and still being young. Normally I wouldn't think she would stand out, but compared to the acts we've seen so far tonight, she's definitely at the top.


Donovan and Rebecca
What they did tonight not only looked difficult and dangerous, but also very graceful. I think they're a great act with great versatility. I think they have the ability to put on a great show in Vegas that could be entertaining the entire time.

Big Barry
I'll admit that it was better than his previous performances, but it was still completely awful. I'm ashamed to watch this show when they put people like him through to the live shows.
Tom Cotter
I like him. Tonight he took a very simple concept and made it into a great performance that didn't get boring. I think he's one of the greatest comedians that has ever been on the show and I think he has a good shot at going far.



Ben Blaque
It's definitely cool to watch, especially when he's able to chop the edge of a rose off with a thin arrow. However, it just doesn't seem that dangerous to me for some reason. I'm not on the edge of my seat as I'd like to be with an act like this. That being said, it's still pretty entertaining and cool to watch.

Tim Hockenberry
He has a good voice, but it's honestly not that impressive to me. I tend not be impressed by the singing acts, and for some reason America really likes them as I'm sure they will like him. Just not one of my favorites of the night.




I'm very curious who America is gonna pick this week. Based on previous results I would expect Tim Hockenberry and/or Danielle Stallings to make it through. That potentially leaves only 2 spots for great acts like Donovan and Rebecca, Tom Cotter, Hawley Magic, Ben Blaque, and Turf who all received good feedback from the judges. My guess is 1 or both of the singers, Turf, Donovan and Rebecca, and either Tom Cotter or Ben Blaque.


My Ranking:
(from best to worst)

1. Donovan and Rebecca
2. Tom Cotter
3. Hawley Magic
4. Ben Blaque

5. Danielle Stallings
6. Lisa Clark Dancing
7. Turf
8. Tim Hockenberry
9. LionDanceMe
10. Aurora Light Painters
11. The All Ways
12. Big Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment