Wednesday, July 18, 2012

(7) Quarter-Finals Round 3 REVIEW

The Untouchables
I thought they were great, but I'm not sure how far they can really get considering the Miami All-Stars only got so far last season. I think America might like them because of their youth, but I'm not sure it's that great of a dance act that it will be sent through. They are definitely very professional and mature dancers for their age.

Rock Star Juggler Mike Price
That was terrible and boring. Not only did he drop something, but he didn't do anything that great that really impressed me. I think there's really only so far one can go with juggling and I think America has seen it all at this point.


Inspire the Fire
At best, they're a mediocre show choir act. I've seen high school groups that were better than that. The singing was not very good and neither was the dancing. I only sorta liked them in their first audition, but this was even worse than that. Overall, a very mediocre act.


Cristin Sandu
Aw man. That blows. I was really hoping it would work out for him, but unfortunately for an act like this it can all go downhill in a matter of a second.


Elusive
I honestly found that kind of boring. There was too much time when he wasn't doing any dancing. I didn't think any of his tricks were that cool. Sure, he may be inspirational, but I didn't think his dancing was that original.

Jake Wesley Rogers
I could definitely tell that he was very nervous, and I think it may have affected his performance. I agree that it was not a good song choice; I just don't think he connected with it. He's definitely got potential, but I'm not sure he's ready quite yet.

All Wheel Sports
I liked everything I saw, but the problem was that I couldn't see everything at once. I really think they have too much going on to really appreciate any one thing. I think if they really focus their efforts to centralize their act they could really have something good.

Wordspit and the Illest
That sounded like a mess. I have no idea what the rapper was saying, and I don't think it was that good of a song. I honestly don't care how much energy they have; if the talent and entertainment value is not there, then it doesn't matter. I don't mind that they did an original song, I just didn't like the original song that they did.

Jacob Williams
I thought he had a few good jokes that got me laughing, but there were some jokes that I thought fell flat. I like him and I like his character, but I don't think he's as good as Tom Cotter.


All Beef Patty
Eh, I didn't think that was that good. His singing sounded somewhat forced, and I don't think it really worked.



Spencer Horsman
I didn't think this one was as good as his previous two. I like what he does and it did get me somewhat nervous, but I don't think it was that good.


Lightwire Theater
I think their concept is great and the creatures they created were absolutely amazing. That being said, I think they need something a little more than what they did tonight if they really want to do something great. They should add some sort of dance element or something to add some more excitement.


My Ranking:
(from best act to worst)

1. Lightwire Theater
2. All Wheel Sports
3. The Untouchables
4. Elusive

5. Jacob Williams
6. Jake Wesley Rogers
7. Spencer Horsman
8. Inspire the Fire
9. Wordspit and the Illest
10. All Beef Patty
11. Rock Star Juggler Mike Price
12. Cristin Sandu

1 comment:

  1. Round three was excellent and I think once we get to the semifinals things will be interesting. I love the ranking the only one I don’t agree with is Elusive where I think Jacob Williams was better. I don’t think Elusive has what it takes to beat Turf who I think he will be matched up against soon. This is a sweet line up and I hope I get to see everyone from season eleven perform. It’s been great watching Americas Got Talent commercial free this season. I’m glad my coworker at Dish told me about this show a few years ago. The Hopper’s Auto Hop feature, still allows networks to show commercials it’s just a way to get past them without having to manually do it. You can still rewind to see the commercials if you want and you have to enable the feature yourself in order for it to work. Its been wonderful not having to worry about skipping the commercials and it gives my remote a break.

    ReplyDelete