Tuesday, July 24, 2012

(7) Quarter-Finals Round 4 REVIEW

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm upset with whoever's decision it was to put all of these acts in one week. Every single act that is performing tonight, apart from Ulysses, would have a huge chance of going through on any other week, particularly last week. I understand that it will make for good TV, but it's not fair that some of these acts have to compete against each other.

David "The Bullet" Smith
I guess it's cool, but it's really not that "entertaining" to me. I understand that it's dangerous, but I just don't think it's that great of a thing. Maybe it just doesn't come across as good on TV.


All That
I am very impressed that they were perfectly in-sync and didn't miss a step. I also saw a few moves in there that I've never seen before. In any normal week I would be very impressed, but I'm just not sure it's going to hold up to what's to come tonight.

Ulysses
I was actually surprised that he could sing that as well as he did considering I thought I remember him being much worse. That being said, he still does not deserve to move on.



Joe Castillo
I really like what he does. It's such a unique, cool idea. The only downfall I see is that it can get a bit boring if he doesn't change between the figures fast enough. I wasn't expecting something like that with a message, but I think it was a great twist that begins to take his act to the next level to make it something that could possibly be in Vegas.

Sebastien "El Charro De Oro"
This kid has a really great voice; so impressive from someone so young. I think he's great, but I liked his previous performances better.  Even so, I think he's a great performer and has the potential to do very well in this competition considering how well Jackie Evancho did.
Eric Dittelman
Absolutely amazing. I cannot believe it. Of course I have some sort of skepticism, but I honestly can't figure out how he sets something like that up to work exactly as he wants. Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see what he continues to bring to the competition.

William Close
I think it's cool, but I didn't think it was quite worthy of all the praise they're giving him. Sure it's cool, but do I think he should win? Absolutely not. I must be missing something because I honestly don't think it was that good, but man did they give him a lot of praise.

Unity In Motion
They were pretty good, but I wasn't overly impressed. There were only a few cool moves, and they weren't as synchronized as I would have expected. Again, I feel like I'm missing something, because I wasn't that impressed.


Eric and Olivia
I really like them, and I like that they do their own versions of the songs. After thinking about it, I sort of agree with Howie that it's more of a coffee house / lounge thing. I'm not sure it really works that well as a Vegas act.


Lindsey Norton
I was actually quite impressed with that performance. I was not expecting to see as many unique dance moves as I did. I think on any other night she would be almost a sure bet, but I'm not sure if that's true tonight.

Horse
I think it's great, funny, and entertaining, but I just don't think it needs to go any farther than this in the competition.




Olate Dogs
I love what their dogs can do, but I have to point out that they did a lot of the same tricks as last time, and I was really hoping they would do more this time. It's also important to note that they did have a few mistakes. I was probably most looking forward to this act in all of the quarter-finals, but I was slightly disappointed. That being said, I still think their act is amazing.


My Ranking:
(from best to worst)

1. Eric Dittelman
2. Sebastian "El Charro De Oro"
3. Olate Dogs
4. Joe Castillo

5. Lindsey Norton
6. William Close
7. All That
8. Unity in Motion
9. Eric and Olivia
10. Horse
11. David "The Bullet" Smith
12. Ulysses

No comments:

Post a Comment